It’s been a while since I’ve done this and I’ve gotta say, it always boosts my mood. Some days you’re grumpy or sad or just in a negative mood and you want to sit with it and feel that way. That’s completely okay.
But right now I’m at work and part of my job is to be extremely pleasant at all times, so right now, right here, I don’t want to feel low.
I want to boost my mood.
So I’ve already done some things that I feel are helping.
A. Changing my wallpaper to different shades of green. That color always makes me feel better. It’s my favorite.
B. Smiling. Even though I don’t feel like it, I do it anyway. It is scientifically proven to work. Fake it till you make it.
C. Going on Reddit and look at the /r/funny subreddit. So many things that make me giggle. Laughing also boosts up your mood.
D. Writing down some of the things I’m thankful for.
So here I go:
1. I’m thankful for the fact that there is food in my fridge.
2. I’m thankful that I have a family who loves me.
3. I’m thankful that I have a job that keeps me financially stable.
4. I’m thankful that I have Khaleesi (My cat)
5. I’m thankful that my best friend Ray is coming to visit in one week! (And by the way, in a recent post I was talking about how stressed I was because I wasn’t sure if I’d get any time off while he was here. Well, I have the first two days he’s here off! and the other days I’ll make it work!)
6. I’m thankful that I’m me. Because I’m a cool cat.
7. I’m thankful for my nephew who is growing more and more every day.
8. I’m thankful for the fact that I’m still alive and I didn’t miss out on all the awesome stuff I would have otherwise.
9. I’m thankful that my co worker was nice enough to get me a chocolate donut today. People are nice here.
10. I’m thankful that I have the love of an amazing guy.
11. I’m thankful that I’m going to visit my family soon and they get to meet said amazing guy.
12. I’m thankful for music. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have music.
13. I’m thankful for the fact that I had enough money to get things I needed/wanted on top of my bills. (A new bed frame, plates, bowls, silverware, mugs, a table for my awesome mini bar, some cool new things for Khaleesi, some decorations, etc.
14. I’m thankful that I can walk. People (including me) take that for granted.
15. I’m thankful for this blog.
16. I’m thankful for living in the beautiful city that is Austin.
17. I’m thankful for my friends.
18. I’m thankful for Skype so that I can see said friends.
19. I’m thankful for others that can relate to my struggle with Depression. Being in the presence of someone that understands you is a really amazing thing.
20. I’m thankful for medication.
Yep, I feel better. Not like ecstatic or giddy, but just more in tune with myself. More understanding of myself. In a lighter mood.
Try it sometime, maybe it’ll work for you when you need a boost.